Thank you for your interest in donating to The Light House! Because of the overwhelming generosity of our surrounding community, we have developed a more streamlined donation policy. The volume at which some items are donated is often beyond our needs and storage capacity, while we sometimes find ourselves in need of other items. We are very committed to being good stewards of your donations by only accepting items we will be able to use.
Accepted items must be delivered WEEKDAYS between 8am – 5pm, unless special arrangements are made, to 10 Hudson Street, Annapolis.
For Questions About Donations, Contact Our Volunteer Office
Items we DO NOT Accept
• Expired/Opened Food • Bread • Used stuffed animals/toys • Used underwear/socks • Medicine/Medical accessories (crutches, etc.) • Home décor/seasonal items • Large appliances • Used pillows/mattresses • Children’s clothing • Baby clothing/items (car seats, strollers, etc.)
• Used electronics (TVs, VHS/DVD players, computers, printers, modems, etc.)
For a list of Anne Arundel County Parner Organizations that accept donations, click here.
MUST Call Ahead to Donate
(based on client need/inventory/storage space)
• Perishable/leftover food • New/like new towels • New/like new blankets • New/like new sheet sets (twin and full) • New coats/hats/gloves/scarves • New/like new books/games/DVD’s • Travel size toiletries • Furniture
• Bikes (take to Bike Doctor on corner of Hudson Street/West St)
• There are instances when we need furniture for a resident moving out of the shelter. If you have furniture to donate and are able to deliver it when the resident needs it, please call to ask if we can accept it.
• Local retailers may donate new clothing, household/furniture items, mattresses or computers.
Items We Always Accept