In addition to serving our residential clients, The Light House also offers many programs and services to individuals and families in the community who are at risk of homelessness. Our homelessness prevention support services focus on removing the barriers that prevent these clients from maintaining stable housing, sustainable living-wage employment, and healthy meaningful lives.
Safe Harbour Resource Center
Located on the main floor of our 10 Hudson Street location, our Safe Harbour Resource Center is a dedicated space for community clients to access our many available programs and services. It includes offices for both our Homeless Prevention and Diversion Specialist and our Intake and Housing Coordinator to guide our community clients towards the many resources available.
Open To Community Clients:
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday from 9am-2pm
- Wednesday from 2pm-7pm
Services Offered At The Safe Harbour Resource Center:
- Access to Light House Food Program
- Free laundry and shower facilities
- Case management to link individuals/families to Light House resources and referrals to community agencies
- Housing assistance
- Medical and medication bill assistance
- Community Closet clothing
- Distribution of items such as Personal Hygiene Kits and/or other items such as socks, etc.
- Intake/diversion assessment assistance
- Computer stations to access resources such as job announcements, other agency applications for services, vital documents request forms, 2-1-1 information, etc.
The Light House Food Program provides community members in need with the nutritious food required to support the health and well-being of themselves and their families.
- Hot Lunches: served every weekday in our Light House cafeteria
- Fresh Market: held three days a week, offering fresh produce, bread, and other perishable items
- Pantry Bags: distributed monthly
- Bagged Lunches: offered 24/7