Thank you for your interest in volunteering at The Light House! Our volunteers are the heart of our mission as we strive to end the cycle of homelessness and build a bridge to self-sufficiency. Our work is made possible entirely through the generous support of individuals and organizations from the community who give of their time and talent.
STEPS FOR BECOMING A VOLUNTEER
1) Complete Our Volunteer Application
2) Attend An Orientation
3) Complete A Background Check
4) Sign Up For A Shift Through Our Volunteer Information Center (VIC)
Volunteer orientations are held three times per month on the:
• 1st Saturday: 9-10am • 2nd Friday: 9-10am • 3rd Wednesday: 7-8pm
Sign up for an orientation date when filling out your volunteer application. If you cannot make your orientation, please email the volunteer office and pick the next date.
Before starting your application, please keep in mind the following:
- You must complete all steps and be approved before signing up for a volunteer shift.
- We are not accepting court referred volunteers at this time.
- If you are volunteering with a group, only the group leader is required to attend an orientation but we encourage others to attend.
- For the safety of our shelter staff, clients, and our volunteers, in-house volunteer positions require a background check.
- You must be 18 years or older to volunteer as an individual. Volunteers ages 11-17 must be accompanied by an adult at all times while in our facility.
- Making bagged lunches or holding a food/donation drive do not require attending an orientation or filling out a volunteer application, and also provide community service hours for students. Volunteers must sign-up to participate in the bagged lunch program. Service hours will not be verified without signing up. See our volunteer opportunities page for more details.
Want to learn about our Light House volunteer opportunities?